Aart, I think there were four babies..
It has a good chance to survive because it can eat vegetation. and I believe there is a stream near by.. I am surprised that it didn't come back to it's siblings, yet..
.....jiminwisc.....
We have a river on three sides of our land in a U shape. None of the others are her full siblings.

Boots, you are really tough on free loaders, eh ?
get a picture of Col Sanders and hang it in the coop.
Annie picked 40 cherry tomatoes.
I am thinking of setting up an experimental self watering bucket with potatoes in it. I don't expect a crop, I just want to see if it will work. Planning for next year..
hope the goat wises up and comes back home..
......jiminwisc......

Boots, you are really tough on free loaders, eh ?
get a picture of Col Sanders and hang it in the coop.
Annie picked 40 cherry tomatoes.
I am thinking of setting up an experimental self watering bucket with potatoes in it. I don't expect a crop, I just want to see if it will work. Planning for next year..
hope the goat wises up and comes back home..
......jiminwisc......

Use a new garbage can for the potatoes.

Dang Jim, cherry tomatoes already? I am so jealous! Actually we've had to be really gentle with the pullets, they're still freaked out about the boys vanishing. Jumpy as can be, I thought they'd kill themselves in a panic yesterday when I added shavings to the coop. And I can't imagine why that silly kids doesn't come back, it has the Goatmahal waiting for it.

Use a new garbage can for the potatoes.
Plastic I assume?

I am using 5 gallon self watering containers.
I am going to experiment with one of them to see how it will work for potatoes. If it looks promising, then next year I will go with larger containers...
DD tried a garbage can a couple of years ago.
it produced just one potato, but it was about 6 inches in diameter..
I have been planting directly into the ground and hilling them with my tractor.
tending them in too much for us old folks.
We have a friend who grows organic potatoes. So getting good potatoes is not a problem for us..
......jiminwisc....

Dang Jim, cherry tomatoes already? I am so jealous! Actually we've had to be really gentle with the pullets, they're still freaked out about the boys vanishing. Jumpy as can be, I thought they'd kill themselves in a panic yesterday when I added shavings to the coop. And I can't imagine why that silly kids doesn't come back, it has the Goatmahal waiting for it.

Plastic I assume?

Plastic is what ive seen used, my potatoes are in the ground. You are supposed to start with a few inches of soil and add (hill) as they grow.

I finally forced myself to figure out what nephew Dan did to my lawn mower.
He somehow got the belt to come off of both blade pulleys. I had to remove both pulley guards to get the belt back on. One or both of the blades won't turn. Tomorrow I will take the mower deck apart and find out why.. then I will sharpen the blades and put it back together.
Why can some people not hear when a machine is in distress?
The squeal is deafening ..
I am worn out and sore. Looks like an Aleve night.
....jiminwisc......

Last edited:
I finally forced myself to figure out what nephew Dan did to my lawn mower.
He somehow got the blade to come off of both blade pulleys. I had to remove both pulley guards to get the belt back on. One or both of the blades won't turn. Tomorrow I will take the mower deck apart and find out why.. then I will sharpen the blades and put it back together.
Why can some people not hear when a machine is in distress?
The squeal is deafening ..
I am worn out and sore. Looks like an Aleve night.
....jiminwisc......
Fencing will do that or a carpet... don't ask how I know :oops:

Back
Top Bottom