For certain I have 4 layers now. Both easter eggers are laying pretty light turquoise eggs and I think the BO and a sussex are laying light brown eggs. There were 2 thin shelled eggs on the poop boards this morning and no stealth egg but the BO was sitting in that nest box later this morning so she might be my stealth layer. I've been giving them grow out feed with oyster shell available but in case that wasn't enough, I picked up some layer pellets today. So fun, we might have 5 of 10 girls laying at this point, plus the mystery of who is laying. I love my girls.

edited cuz I can't spell BO correctly :)

Last edited:
Boots, getting about that time to paint a large EGGS sign for along the road.
Then you can answer the customers' questions. like: can I bleach the brown off of the egg to make it white ? Do colored eggs taste different than white eggs ?
tomorrow my parts for the hydraulic pump should be getting here..
I ordered a flexible coupler..
going to the dentist in just a few minutes. final cleaning in preparation for my surgery.
24 days and counting down.
.......jiminwaUSAu........

My new chickens are in quarantine in the barn.
20200830_181604.jpg

Candy Corn Polish

Polish chickens. do they understand English ?
When we asked our Dad what nationality we were he would say, you are half Polish and half
foolish..
today we are going to a friend's and digging up some rhubarb roots. she said I could take as many as I want.. Then last night I got an email from my oldest sister, She put some roots in the mail yesterday.. OK.. I am waiting to hear from another friend . He has been promising to send roots for a couple of weeks.
I will accept all that I get. I have plenty of cleared land and with the tractor, I can work up a planting bed in minutes..
......jiminwaUSAu........

When we asked our Dad what nationality we were he would say, you are half Polish and half
foolish..
today we are going to a friend's and digging up some rhubarb roots. she said I could take as many as I want.. Then last night I got an email from my oldest sister, She put some roots in the mail yesterday.. OK.. I am waiting to hear from another friend . He has been promising to send roots for a couple of weeks.
I will accept all that I get. I have plenty of cleared land and with the tractor, I can work up a planting bed in minutes..

I love rhubarb but I'm too far south to grow it. :(

foolish..
I am not sure chickens in general understand much but hey chickie, here's your supper!

If you can believe it, I rested today. I did put up a bit of chicken wire, but it got dark before I finished. So humid and hot, I am just tired of it. Then as soon as I came inside it poured rain outside. As if it isn't wet enough already!

If you can believe it, I rested today. I did put up a bit of chicken wire, but it got dark before I finished. So humid and hot, I am just tired of it. Then as soon as I came inside it poured rain outside. As if it isn't wet enough already!
Quit hogging the rain :barnie
I got less than half an inch in August, same for July. The first half of June it was soggy, then the dought hit

I can not go out to rototill because it is raining.
Yesterday we went and dug up 3 buckets of rhubarb divisions. probably will divide them and get at least six new plants.
the rain does not do much for the tomatoes in buckets. a hard rain might buy a day longer before we use the hose..
I was going to pick a nice red pepper yesterday.
It was mushy on the bottom. I guess we will pick them sooner while they are green or just as they turn red.. this one was red for a couple of days..
....jiminwaUSAu......

Back
Top Bottom