t hat video is big enough to see on my big monitor.
Today I am getting things ready for Easter dinner. Have the turkey thawing on the back porch. I don't think it will do much thawing, though. Today is not supposed to get much above freezing. I will move it to the front porch. It is just above 40F out there.
as soon as I get off of here, I am going to start a batch of Parker house mashed potato rolls. That will be a three hour project. Yield about 30 rolls. I made a batch a couple of weeks ago. despite forgetting to put salt in, they turned out OK.
On Sunday morning I will start roasting the turkey after brining it
and make mashed and sweet potatoes and dressing. DD is bringing a cherry pie.
Sounds like a great Easter dinner

Sounds like a great Easter dinner
We are taking a duck today for ours. and a couple chickens.

Though I am considering breaking down and buying a semi-boneless leg of lamb. Its something of a tradition.

In which case, the duck and the chickens (all old) will likely be processed into a ground meat mix and turned into stuffed, breaded "patties" for some night we don't feel like real cooking.

We are taking a duck today for ours. and a couple chickens.

Though I am considering breaking down and buying a semi-boneless leg of lamb. Its something of a tradition.

In which case, the duck and the chickens (all old) will likely be processed into a ground meat mix and turned into stuffed, breaded "patties" for some night we don't feel like real cooking.
I butchered jakes earlier this week :drool

all of those meals sound delicious. I am not real crazy about turkey. we had this one given to us and it has been in the freezer long enough. I will eat some of the dark meat. I can fill up on potatoes and dressing. However, I do like turkey sandwiches. Annie will probably make turkey salad with pasta. Hopefully the guests will take some home home with them.
my dough is about at the end of it's first rise.
the turkey shows no sign of thawing.

t hat video is big enough to see on my big monitor.
Today I am getting things ready for Easter dinner. Have the turkey thawing on the back porch. I don't think it will do much thawing, though. Today is not supposed to get much above freezing. I will move it to the front porch. It is just above 40F out there.
as soon as I get off of here, I am going to start a batch of Parker house mashed potato rolls. That will be a three hour project. Yield about 30 rolls. I made a batch a couple of weeks ago. despite forgetting to put salt in, they turned out OK.
On Sunday morning I will start roasting the turkey after brining it
and make mashed and sweet potatoes and dressing. DD is bringing a cherry pie.
Happy Easter
I bet dinner will be great.

There's an easier exercise program on PBS too. Sit and be fit.

I'm headed to the grocery store now. Dinner will be whatever both looks good and is on special - either a small prime rib or a small semi-boneless leg of lamb I hope. Had goat tamales last night. Masa was a tiny bit crumbley. My fault. otherwise, quite tasty.

a very good morning to all!

and if your turkey STILL isn't thawed??? A slow trickle of cold running water.

I got the turkey thawed and into the brine by 4 PM. I wish they wouldn't put the neck inside of the bird. For my money they can keep it and the liver and heart. I don't have a dog anymore
I have the dressing ready to go into the oven. Will bring the turkey in as soon as I finish this post.
Then I might take a nap. been awake since 5AM.

Back
Top Bottom