Aart, I hope you NNdidn't mow all night.
I soaked the grape seeds over night. today I will put them into dirt. in four months maybe we will have grape vines .
kind of raining here today. My big project was getting the dumpster out to the road. Now I am rewarding myself with a donut and a cuppa coffee.

Aart, I am glad you got some mowed. We are still picking up branches prior to mowing. We have lots of black walnut trees. They are as bad as willows for dropping branches.
waiting for the septic guy to come pump out our tank. the county is going to inspect all septic systems this summer. I doubt that they will get it all done.

I use the electric chain saw whenever I can. Easier on the back.
we have seed stalks in the rhubarb already. I will take care of them as soon as it gets a bit drier around here
it rains just about every day or night. cloud burst after cloud burst.
they are talking about frost in some low areas.

I too am pondering my vastly overgrown lawn. I've been sick since before Easter and it's only been mown once instead of weekly.

I'm also planning to let the chickens out of confinement now that the weather has gotten hot so I need to mow the over-growth in the run to stimulate fresh, tender growth and tomake a good, short path for the fence.

I'm on new meds again and feeling noticeably better this morning so *maybe* I can start wrestling the difficult steering tomorrow if it doesn't rain.
Hope you keep feeling better.

we just went out and marked four neglected grape vines. they are laying in the grass where the old arbor was years ago. Of course they are not in a nice straight row so I can't just build a nice arbor. I am going to make some sort of individual support for each one. maybe something T shaped. Any ideas ? I am thinking a steel fence post for the main support.
Annie just took the grape seeds out of the crisper drawer. I had them in there to stratify them. I hope it worked.
How about T shaped posts like they use for clothes lines for the grapes?

A piggy bank i made.
20220519_022314.jpg

Back
Top Bottom