I have been working on the garden, have a huge mound of leaves and weeds on the burn pile. And i have lots of tick bites and spots of poison ivy on my skin.
20220509_175640.jpg

I probably shouldn't say this outloud, but I have not even seen a mosquito yet.
we had a heck of a storm go through last night. I was sound asleep when thunder hit VERY close. I was wide awake in an instant. There was lightning almost non stop for 45 minutes.
today I got my apple shoots planted in the rooting soil. now we wait.

I probably shouldn't say this outloud, but I have not even seen a mosquito yet.
we had a heck of a storm go through last night. I was sound asleep when thunder hit VERY close. I was wide awake in an instant. There was lightning almost non stop for 45 minutes.
today I got my apple shoots planted in the rooting soil. now we wait.
Lot of nitrogen release with lightning, but don't need to be woken up like that

Rule of twos....
Make it twice as big as you think you need, walk in....
Put in twice the amount of ventilation you think you need.
It will cost twice as much as you planned.
It will take twice as long to build as you thought it would.

If this is your first flock build coop first, then get chicks.
Since you built it bigger build in a in coop brooder/chicken jail.
Dirt floor for DLM

Gary
Best advice, wish I had this wisdom before we built our coop!

Cappy, what are you going to plant in the first goat pen after you move them to the new one ?
Last year the city of Wausau had a flock of goats brought in to clear the brush off of an island in the center of town. It was like a tourist attraction for the locals. The goats did a great job.
The dead apple tree has some branches high up getting buds.
Musta just been playing possum.

OUCH !!! I always wanted a horse, but I never could justify the expense.
today we got more done than we expected. I drained the excess oil out of the lawnmower. Annie rolled up the hoses and picked up the rest of the downed branches. I mowed the back yard. Then I showed Annie how to operate the lawn mower. I mowed the steep bank along the driveway and then let her go at the flat area. She did very well. Once she has a little more practice, I won't have to mow anymore. lol
I mowed the edible garden area. It is coming to life. One of the pears has blossoms, the plum tree is loaded with blossome. they smell so nice. the garlic is about a foot tall. no scapes, yet. the grapes are not showing buds yet, except for one. it is budded all the way to the tip. no asparagus yet. rhubarb can be harvested soon. apple and cherry trees are budding nicely.
I have to call the fixit shop about the tractor tomorrow. I want to make raised rows with my disc hiller. but I NEED A TRACTOR !!!!

Back
Top Bottom