Hello all, this is a reconstructed freebie I picked up and badly repaired. I put some polycarbonate on top that I had laying around and used some angle for legs and added latches for more strength because of rats. It's currently being used to house an overflow of quail males that I'll prob need to rehome. Oh! One other major thing I did was add strong mesh as the flooring because this actually sat on top of a two tier cage that is the bigger and more complex project.

Attachments

• Bachelors pad.jpg
    Bachelors pad.jpg
    541.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hello all, this is a reconstructed freebie I picked up and badly repaired. I put some polycarbonate on top that I had laying around and used some angle for legs and added latches for more strength because of rats. It's currently being used to house an overflow of quail males that I'll prob need to rehome. Oh! One other major thing I did was add strong mesh as the flooring because this actually sat on top of a two tier cage that is the bigger and more complex project.
I love fixing stuff up to use. Bought a coop from a guy some time ago. It was pretty nasty inside. Ripped out perches etc, scrubbed the inside. Put vinyl on the floor after i painted it inside and out. Added windows over the hardware cloth on the openings . Made a new door as the other one was too thick and awkward. It is a cute coop and roomy for my bantams.

I love fixing stuff up to use. Bought a coop from a guy some time ago. It was pretty nasty inside. Ripped out perches etc, scrubbed the inside. Put vinyl on the floor after i painted it inside and out. Added windows over the hardware cloth on the openings . Made a new door as the other one was too thick and awkward. It is a cute coop and roomy for my bantams.
Do you perhaps have a picture of before and after the renovation? I would love to see it.

It's funny because I was looking at a two tier coop cage on gumtree for $250 and was like man, I'd have to chop it up just to fit in the wagon and then this got advertised for free and it was more local. I still had to chop the legs off to fit the bigger section in. I need to get a van ASAP!

I'm not sure how I'll tackle the bigger section. I need to put some heavy duty legs on it or keep it as is and just put it on some sort of frame. What would you use for bedding if the coop had solid pine boards as the floor? The easiest for me is shredded cardboard but I don't know how that'll go over time and if pine shavings would be better in there.

Back
Top Bottom