Helping ducklings

Just try to keep his legs under him. Can you offer him some water every hour or so with nutrridrench in it? That would really help. I think the bowl is fine. Keep the temp around 90-95 degrees so he doesn't overheat.

Just try to keep his legs under him. Can you offer him some water every hour or so with nutrridrench in it? That would really help. I think the bowl is fine. Keep the temp around 90-95 degrees so he doesn't overheat.
I’ve been giving him sugar water is that OK or should I go and get Pedialyte or something

Pedialyte would be ok. Nutridrench is my favorite though
Omg there’s not a single farm store near me. Closest one is 40 minutes or so I could check out there website and possibly grab some tomorrow if not, I’ll try amazon. I wish there was a farm store near me lol but I will go grab pedialytle tonight for him for the evening

It's ok. Nutridrench is good to have on hand especially since you have 3 more babies coming. If I were you I would order some. Def grab some pedialyte. :)

Pedialyte would be ok. Nutridrench is my favorite though
So little guy number one is an escape artist, just got back from a walk and he was out of his pen in my office. And little guy number two is making a lot more noise being in the bowl! Hopefully that’s a good sign!! And maybe he hears his brother too. Here’s a picture of the first hatching. He/she is fierce. I wish I could send videos on here! But I’ve been giving number two water and I’ll get pedialyte and ordered the nutridrench. So I’m hoping he’ll start walking and is healthy he’s super active right now in the bowl. I just realized, it looks like he’s ripping his hair out where he’s kinda dry on the butt area from the shrink wrap, should I warm cloth him? Lord help me. I’m always one to try and save alllllll the animals lol. OH ALSO!! what do you recommend for food?

Attachments

• 82328363-6B3C-420C-B0D5-FC58C7BD95D1.jpeg
    82328363-6B3C-420C-B0D5-FC58C7BD95D1.jpeg
    608.5 KB · Views: 3
You can upload a video to YouTube and then paste the link here if you want. He's so cute

If you want to wipe his butt with a warm towel you can, but he probably just doesn't like the way it feels. I use Purina flockraiser, I love it it's great. That's what I would recommend. It's about 20 dollars for a 50lb bag. It's totally worth it. That's good that your duckling is getting more active. If he jumps out of the bowl that's a really good sign. Put his bowl in with the other duckling. It will encourage him.

Back
Top Bottom