Helping ducklings

Do you have a dark room you can do it in right now?
Yes, let me check them out.
I hope you come back to update. Did you assist your eggs?
Omg I didn’t see any of these updates! I helped one out of the shell today and the other ones look ready I’m not sure if I should assist the others or wait?? The one that I helped leg was stuck in the shrink wrap and it looks limp. Should I help the other two this evening before they get super stuck? This situation is so scary

Ok, I'm here. I would moisten the membrane with a warm wet q-tip in a gentle painting type way and see if there are any veins. Then candle them both. If the small end is yellowy instead of red I'd say go ahead.

I'll be checking periodically for questions or updates. Any pics of the one you helped? It was most likely just cramped and it will take a day or so to get normal.

Here is the one I helped The yellow one with baby number 2 brown

Attachments

• F5672E60-171D-4262-926C-C32B89D96A4B.jpeg
    F5672E60-171D-4262-926C-C32B89D96A4B.jpeg
    725 KB · Views: 6
Do what you want, because I'm not there and you are. But I would say take the one with no veins showing (no veins, right?) and chip away the whole air cell. If you see any veins or blood, stop. If he happens to bleed a little put cornstarch on it as fast as possible. Have it right next to you. If there is no blood or veins after this, keep going, chipping away just the shell and outer membrane not the inner clear membrane. I think they should both come out honestly. If they're in much longer they may both just die. If you take them out, they still could die, but their chances will be much higher. Good luck. If you have any pics that show the duck in the egg well, you can post those.

Is it warm enough for that yellow duckling where he is? He should be ok in day or too. Give him some pedialyte if you got some.

Get the little yellow one and gently rub him real good until he gets all fluffy. Then put him back. That should really help him.

I'll check back in the morning. Hoping for the best for you and your ducks! :) Good night

Back
Top Bottom