Helping hop the pecin duck

BBCHICKS123

Chirping
Dec 19, 2016
Wander land
About a week and a half ago l noticed that one of my drakes would not put wait on his left leg l brought him inside and hoped it would heel on its own l have been letting him swim in the sink once a day if you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
UP DATE

I FEEL SO STUPID HIS LEG WAS NOT DISLOCATED HE HAS NERO LOGIC BACK DAMAGE
2639.png
the vet has him on antibiotics and a anti-infamitoy l am to bend his leg up and down 3 session per day and 100 times per session and let him swim for 1-2 hours a day
Don't feel stupid @BBCHICKS123 it's logical to think when the leg doesn't work to think something is wrong with the leg. I am sure with your TLC and the meds and info the vet has given you'll see your drake back to a healthy life real soon. Does the vet think he'll make a full recovery? Any ideas how this happened?

Please keep us updated on how he is doing. You have your work cut out for you but it will be worth it to see him walking again won't it.
hugs.gif

Make sure when he is in the pool or tub he can't jump out and injure his back even more.

Oh thank you,
It's showing up now.
It sounds like bumble foot?
Hopefully someone else can help too.
But from what I know that's what I think it is.
Goodluck,
Fionn.

I don't think it's bubble foot l have had ducks with that before and it was not like this l think it's dislocated he holds it strate out behind hem and can't bring it down

A good duck vet is best - but not always possible.

He may be special needs if it is seriously injured. When you hold him, does the leg hang the same was as the other one? Do you have photographs you can upload?

So l talked to the vet and it would be $100 just to get him in that's with out medical expenses or the cost of surgery if need be and as much as l would like to be l am in no financial state to
1f62d.png
. He is constantly holding his leg out behind him.

Back
Top Bottom