Helpppp!!!chicken aspirated/ now has a story of licorice'sdeath

So sorry, I've had it happen too...............sometimes you can take a clean feeding tube, put in airway and suction some of it out........... sometimes you can hold the bird, facing down with it's head cradled between your thumb and index finger and your other hand supporting it's belly. Rock the bird back and forth, with a harder shake them stop, shake then stop- you are trying to fling the fliud up and out of the airway. Sometimes it works sometimes not, best on chicks.......

Sorry for your loss. Will keep you in our thoughts.
hugs.gif

Are you still able to do your demonstration?
Lynne

thanx. It has been really hard. I went outside to feed him a little bit ago. He seems to have gotten most of his skin color back and he isnt spazing out as much. But he is in really bad shape. I plan on going to town first thing tuesday to pick him up more medicine. Been haveing to feed him and give him water threw a syringe. It would make me feel better if he makes it. The last few didnt go over to well.

I am sorry sorry for your Licorice!
I had a sweet 3 month old silkie chick that got really bad in only a few days. It was a horrible winter... it was the worst thing ever and I was awake all the way threw it.
It is just plain torture..

The best thing to do is tell yourself that you did your best and if anything nobody could have done it better then you
smile.png
You loved her... and that was good enough

Today he is dong better. He only seems to spaz out when he is hungry. He is gaining wait and more of his feathers are growing out. Has a healthier appetite. Although I still have to hand feed him.
Hopeing in the next few weeks he starts to feed himself.

Ahhhh. I know this is an older thread but I had to respond. I too am dealing with this. I have a roo that has been gasping for a few days. I thought he was sick or had gape worms but other than the gasping he has no other symptoms. I am giving him breathing treatments and keeping him outside in isolation. My husband is a respiratory therapist and I have a child who is prone to wheezing and the cold helps airway swelling. This morning proved that. It was freezing out and his breathing was better but once it warmed up he started having troubles again. I don't know what else to do. :(

Back
Top Bottom