Helpppp!!!chicken aspirated/ now has a story of licorice'sdeath

puppy767

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 11, 2009
:(im really worried she is just laying there gasping i need advice on treatment !!!!thankyou for your help sre looks horrible

Last edited:
Oh my, that's not good. I don't know what to tell you though. I've never had that happen. If she makes it, she could also develop pneumonia. Hopefully someone who has experience with this will chime in.

I've had this happen with liquid worming medication. The chicken died within 10 minutes. A post-mortem showed how the fluid filled the bronchioles and basically suffocated her.

Hopefully she only aspirated a little bit. There isn't much you can do about it except supportive stuff like keep warm, quiet, etc. If she makes it through the night, start injectable antibiotics like Tylan 50 to deal with the infection which will very likely be the result.

I'm so sorry. I agree with HidingInTheHenHouse. Keep her warm and hope she pulls through.
If she makes it through the night listen to her breathing. If she has fluid in there you should her like a clicking sound. Give her antibiotics to fight off infection.

I went downstaires where she is located i helld her said i love you licorice and said i told her its okay you can go ,she passed away in my arms ,and her legs stretched out and went limp .it was as if she only wanted to die when she knew i was comfortable with it i just didnt want her to suffer . I had been tube feeding her for 2 months she was my baby..i decided too just make her comfortable and let her rest i had saved her life once before when me and her werent ready to part but now i am mature enough about the idea of death that I know it was best to end her pain

<3 licorice
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom