Hemp Bedding in California?

Where in the world can you get Hemp bedding in Northern California I have been paying a premium price for bedding from out of state. Does anyone know where to find it locally?
How does it work? I was thinking of ordering some but I didn’t know how good it was. And good luck with your search!!

How does it work? I was thinking of ordering some but I didn’t know how good it was. And good luck with your search!!
It works absolutely amazing. I use the deep litter method and only have to replace the shavings every 3 or 4 months. As long as you pick up the larger piles and churn everything up every few days it will last nearly forever.. Problem is it is so expensive because of shipping costs.

this site has 44lb for $87 including shipping. we are in SoCal. We are starting up with chickens again after about 4 years without. honestly, I loved the hemp last time, but I'm not sure I can do it anymore financially. Not when pine shavings are SO INCREDIBLY CHEAP. I'm going to see how they do in the brooder, and if the pine gives me horrible allergies.

https://aubiose.us/pet-shop/Hemp-Be...tra-Large-44-lb-Bale-Free-Shipping-p119976271

It works absolutely amazing. I use the deep litter method and only have to replace the shavings every 3 or 4 months. As long as you pick up the larger piles and churn everything up every few days it will last nearly forever.. Problem is it is so expensive because of shipping costs.
So, like the same lifespan as other, cheaper, bedding materials like wood shavings?

Hemp bedding sounds like a nice idea, but other materials work just fine. If I was paying that much, I'd rather get my hemp in a different form :gig

So, like the same lifespan as other, cheaper, bedding materials like wood shavings?

Hemp bedding sounds like a nice idea, but other materials work just fine. If I was paying that much, I'd rather get my hemp in a different form :gig
I appreciate the sentiments about wasting money on something without THC and hemp bedding IS very expensive for now, but I don't think it's the same as other bedding. It is much much dryer and virtually dust-free. Plus, people who have reactions to the oils in wood chips/shavings don't get a reaction to the hemp. At least that's the case with me. That said, for me at this time I don't think it is worth the price.

I hope things change in the future bc it is much more renewable than pine or wood. My understanding is the government was making growing hemp, even extremely low THC industrial varieties, problematic until 2019. Before then if you bought hemp bedding it was usually imported! I think even now special permits are required to grow hemp and the farm must be monitored.

Where in the world can you get Hemp bedding in Northern California I have been paying a premium price for bedding from out of state. Does anyone know where to find it locally?
One other idea is Azure Standard, you know them? It's a company that ships healthy-oriented food items and feed (Modesto Mills) in bulk usually to community drop off points. It's like a coop in that you join your neighborhood dropoff group and you have to show up to meet the truck and pick up your stuff from the curb. Maybe they could add hemp bedding... I'm gonna ask them.

Back
Top Bottom