Silkiechickie13

Chirping
Nov 19, 2017
Hello everyone!
*graphic images*
My silkie hen has a clogged vent yesterday I saw she was just sitting there but did not suspect anything this afternoon her rear feathers were covered in a watery substance and when I picked her up she vomited on me. I thought she was egg bound but further looking at her vent I noticed some sort of white tissue attached to her vent which has it completely clogged. I decided to try and remove some since u thought maybe it was hardened egg only to discover it goes pretty deep. Her vent is quite large and I’ve tried to find other threads on it and have come up empty handed. She’s still feisty but a little lethargic she let me look at her vent she seems like she’s been eating and drinking her crop seems full. Her “poop” is mostly liquid. I gave her some Calcium half a 400 g pill dissolved in water. Any ideas as to what this might be and how I can help her? It looks like worms in the photo but I don’t think they are they’re not moving and are very attached to her vent this tissue or whatever it is seems to go pretty deep. Nobody else in the flock seems to be showing symptoms so I’m hoping it’s not something contagious. I am separating her anyways. She did sneeze a couple times one
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
of her eyes is a little watery, the other one looks fine. Anything is appreciated!

It’s is hard to know exactly what that is. You might look into papillomas in chickens’ vents, which sometimes can be a symptom of vent gleet.
Thank you for the response! I will definitely look into that. Do you have any advice as what to do in the meantime should I leave it or try to remove it if it’s papilloma?

Back
Top Bottom