Hen #2 Hatched out 20 Eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TommyVT05, Apr 5, 2008.

1. TommyVT05

TommyVT05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Southern California
    sUPER awsome isn't it? Wow!
    EVERY SINGLE EGG hatched too! Geesh. Haha
    But thats it...not more egg sitting for 3 months at least. Let the moms rest now. Haha [​IMG]

- Tommy

2. @migocontodos~

@migocontodos~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Good grief...20!!!!
    Poor thing, she will have her wings full come time to roost!
    That is awesome!
    Pictures plez!

3. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Wow! 20 that's alot of little ones!

4. Nichole77

Nichole77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2007
    Arizona
    I don't believe you, prove it. We want pictures. Congrats.

5. TommyVT05

Feb 6, 2008
    Southern California
    Lol.

The chicks are still too tiny and the weather is like, super cloudy today so I didn't want to take pictures. I only like sunny pictures so perhaps I will have a chance tomorrow when the weather is better!

Hehe

- Tommy

6. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Omgosh!! Are you serious?? Has anybody checked with the Guiness World Record people, yet, to find out most eggs hatched by a chicken hen?? Where these eggs regular-size?? ~:eek:

7. JustChicky

JustChicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2008
    East Texas
    Wow! What breed is the hen? I saw your other post about a broody hen and 18 chicks. That is awesome! I am going to breed my chicks, but they are only 4 days old [​IMG]. Oh well, for now it is something I look forward to.

8. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Congrats Tommy,
    My Gold Phoenix is sitting on 13 assorted eggs right now and the first 7 are due to hatch on Tuesday (3 more days). If I remember correctly at least 5 of them are phoenix, 2 delaware mixes, and the rest are RIR but I don't know who the lucky roo was that sired them so I will have to wait and see what they look like after they hatch. I am hoping that the Phoenix eggs are pure and that the standard sized roos didn't get with my 2 silver and 1 gold hens. I have a gold roo and 1 gold hen and 2 silver hens for my Phoenix. I saw a half gold half silver Phoenix about a month ago and it looked so cool so I'm hoping at least 1 comes out looking like that one did.

Can't wait to see your pics.

Jayare

9. TommyVT05

Feb 6, 2008
    Southern California
    Jayare,

I think you saw the pixs didn't you? But anyhow, so how did the hatch turn out? Would like to hear whatcha got now : )

- Tommy

10. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Hey Tommy,
    I've been on vacation for the last 10 days or so. I only got 4 of those Phoenix eggs to hatch. Looks like 2 are all gold 1 is half gold half silver and the other 1 is still up in the air. I got 5 sex links out of the delaware/RIR cross, 2 white (roos) and 3 brown (pullets) another 1 is all black with some brown lacing around it's neck. RIR hen and Austraorp roo were the parents. I just got back yesterday afternoon and I noticed one of those little white ones is missing. We let them free range and I think the neighbors dogs are my biggest culprit on my missing chickens. I have seen a fox that just got a mouth full of feathers but that RIR got away. 1 was a pure RIR but it disappeared a while ago too. Only 1 of those 13 eggs didn't hatch.

Jayare

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by