Hen #2 Hatched out 20 Eggs!!!

TommyVT05

Songster
11 Years
Feb 6, 2008
Southern California
sUPER awsome isn't it? Wow!
EVERY SINGLE EGG hatched too! Geesh. Haha
But thats it...not more egg sitting for 3 months at least. Let the moms rest now. Haha
big_smile.png

- Tommy

Lol.

The chicks are still too tiny and the weather is like, super cloudy today so I didn't want to take pictures. I only like sunny pictures so perhaps I will have a chance tomorrow when the weather is better!

Hehe

- Tommy

* Omgosh!! Are you serious?? Has anybody checked with the Guiness World Record people, yet, to find out most eggs hatched by a chicken hen?? Where these eggs regular-size?? ~:eek:

Wow! What breed is the hen? I saw your other post about a broody hen and 18 chicks. That is awesome! I am going to breed my chicks, but they are only 4 days old
tongue.png
. Oh well, for now it is something I look forward to.

Congrats Tommy,
My Gold Phoenix is sitting on 13 assorted eggs right now and the first 7 are due to hatch on Tuesday (3 more days). If I remember correctly at least 5 of them are phoenix, 2 delaware mixes, and the rest are RIR but I don't know who the lucky roo was that sired them so I will have to wait and see what they look like after they hatch. I am hoping that the Phoenix eggs are pure and that the standard sized roos didn't get with my 2 silver and 1 gold hens. I have a gold roo and 1 gold hen and 2 silver hens for my Phoenix. I saw a half gold half silver Phoenix about a month ago and it looked so cool so I'm hoping at least 1 comes out looking like that one did.

Can't wait to see your pics.

Jayare

Hey Tommy,
I've been on vacation for the last 10 days or so. I only got 4 of those Phoenix eggs to hatch. Looks like 2 are all gold 1 is half gold half silver and the other 1 is still up in the air. I got 5 sex links out of the delaware/RIR cross, 2 white (roos) and 3 brown (pullets) another 1 is all black with some brown lacing around it's neck. RIR hen and Austraorp roo were the parents. I just got back yesterday afternoon and I noticed one of those little white ones is missing. We let them free range and I think the neighbors dogs are my biggest culprit on my missing chickens. I have seen a fox that just got a mouth full of feathers but that RIR got away. 1 was a pure RIR but it disappeared a while ago too. Only 1 of those 13 eggs didn't hatch.

Jayare

Back
Top Bottom