Hen Acting Off

This morning her crop was not empty, it felt the same as last night. So I gave her coconut oil this morning and did a massage. She got eggs for breakfast as well.
She still doesn't have an appetite, so I'm still having to feed her myself. She seems to be drinking some, but probably needs to more.
I forgot to say, she didn't lay an egg yesterday. I gave her more calcium today just in case she may need it. I gave her more Nutri-Drench today as well, I'll be done with it now though since she doesn't seem to need it.
She still is acting quite normal and not that lethargic.

Sounds good. I'd just monitor her, the coconut oil won't hurt, neither with the PND for a day or two.
Since she's acting normal and not lethargic, that's a good sign. When molting, often hens stop laying, so she may be going out of lay, but the Calcium is o.k. to give for a couple of days too.
My molters can sometimes act like they just want to chill out in the corner and be left alone unless someone brings something really good to eat like some mealworms or fresh greens, then they perk up:)

Here’s some pictures of her droppings from yesterday, I forgot to post them here. What do you all think about them?
IMG_4439.jpeg
IMG_4437.jpeg
IMG_4438.jpeg
She’s not acting totally normal, she’s a bit lethargic. She just sits around, she’s not acting weak as she’s still got strength and tries to get away from me. Her comb still has a good color to it.
She hasn’t laid since about Sunday, and this morning her crop was only a bit smaller from last night. Definitely not empty enough. I’d guess it feels a bit bigger than a golf ball. It’s still feels doughy.
She’s still doesn’t have an appetite, but she’s drinking. She got eggs for breakfast today, and coconut oil and a massage.

When was she last dewormed?
Sunday. Somehow it totally slipped my mind that I already had done her.
The poop doesn't look normal to me. She's getting Calcium right?
I thought it wasn't normal as well...what could it mean?
And yes, she's getting the calcium. Should I stop?
If the crop is still doughy tomorrow, then I'd start treating as Sour Crop.
Okay, will do!
I was gone all today, I had fed her eggs and did a massage with the oil in the morning and left. I came back at around 2 and her crop was actually more empty, then I left again and came back at 8 and her crop was the most empty its been. So that's a good sign.
She's still acting mostly normal but a bit lethargic, and no appetite.
When I gave her eggs this evening she looked a bit interested in eating eggs, but didn't. I haven't seen her do that at all so that seems to be a good sign as well.

Here’s some pictures I just took of her.
It seems a lot of the time she stands with her tail pointed down.
In the second picture you can see she’s drinking, so that’s good.
IMG_4445.jpeg
IMG_4447.jpeg
IMG_4448.jpeg
IMG_4446.jpeg

I'd give her the Calcium for a total of 3 days, if you've gone over that, no worries.

You've given her vitamins, sugar water, etc. so those can affect the color of the poop as well.
The coconut oil will make it oily.

I'd see how she does with her normal feed and fresh water. Bits of egg, fish or meat as a treat.
Provide grit free choice.
See if the poop begins to look better.

I'd give her the Calcium for a total of 3 days, if you've gone over that, no worries.
I've given her it everyday since Monday, including today.
You've given her vitamins, sugar water, etc. so those can affect the color of the poop as well.
The coconut oil will make it oily.
Oh that's true.
The coconut oil definitely showed up in her droppings, maybe I'm giving her too much.
I'd see how she does with her normal feed and fresh water. Bits of egg, fish or meat as a treat.
Provide grit free choice.
See if the poop begins to look better.
Okay, thanks! I don't have grit though, since I free range I assume they get enough little rocks. I'll try to get some soon.

Since she's not eating, I've mostly been giving her cooked eggs as its the easiest. I try to give her them 3 times a day.
Getting meat/fish into her is hard so I haven't done much of that. Twice I wet down feed enough to make it into balls and get it into her.
What's the best food I should give her and how often? I don't want to give her too little...

Back
Top Bottom