Hen aggressive toward us! What to do?

I find my hens peck at me if I'm wearing certain clothes or if I am wearing flip flops...they like to peck at my painted toes. I have an ankle bracelet that dangles and they like that also. My necklace and hair also catch their 'eye'. It's not done out of aggression, but curiosity. Maybe you wear something she wants to peck at? Maybe she's going broody? I think throwing on some gloves and handling her more often might help? GL

Yes, they always peck the toes and the jewelry, but they really like to go behind me and peck me in the behind!
ep.gif

Bold chicks peck because they are curious. Have you considered that she is biting now because she a afraid of you? She has a brain the size of a pea. Hitting her, kicking her and throwing thing at her isn't going to help, consider a different approach or, better yet, finding her a new home.

I have a problem just like this with one of my hens. She used to be really sweet but now she'll peck at my legs, feet, and hands. She will actually go out of her way to peck someone. I absolutely will not kill her or give her away so maybe I'll try carrying her around a bit.

Back
Top Bottom