Hen attacks

O.k. Thanks. The way she attacks is when their out playin' together she'll dabble in over close to them and tweet tweeet! She attacks.

Last edited:
Yeah, my boss hen does that with new ones too, difference is, she'll let them escape and not keep it up past insuring they know she's in charge. If she's intent on chasing them and tries to corner and do real harm... seperate for a few days.

I have two silkies and 4 sussex all the same age of 5 weeks. The sussex are larger birds though and they are chasing and picking on the silkies. I tried separating the silkies into a smaller enclosure but the sussex flew over the top. I think they wanted to have their food too. All of my sussex pick on the silkies, some more than others but they all have a go. It's been nearly a week since I put them together and I have been trying to give them some time all in the run together while I sit in there and supervise but they are still as nasty as they were before. I think I am going to have to build a separate area for the silkies until they are bigger??? I really would love all of them to get on so I can keep them together in the big run. Seems unfair for the silkies to be sectioned off. They love scratching around in the run so much.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom