Hen badly injured

Pics
I’m cleaning her before I set her off to bed (in the garage) here’s update pictures of her neck
929D6166-C486-41E6-8133-69A53097808F.jpeg

Hi, I ended up putting honey before I put her to bed last night. Cleaned her this morning and she had no smell. I put ointment on it and even took her outside for some fresh air. Sat her on the porch and let her hang out while I cleaned the yard and fixed the coop (wood is coming loose)

I went to dollar tree and got a bottle of vitamin b12 and complex. Wasn’t sure which one to get so I bought both. I grated a pill in some mashed egg and she ate half of it. A lot more than she has ever ate since the attack.

Yesterday was the 7th day for antibiotics for her. So today I am doing without amoxicillin for my girl. I was able to clear her eye from all the pus and hard abcess that was in her eye today, as well. 😀 Now we can see her eye.

My other chickens wounds are healed but has some green-gritty looking stuff around her wounds.
Judging by the pictures, please advise me if I should do anything different 😀
I think you are doing fine.
Her eating a bit today was good! Getting to go outside, even just for a little while was even better! Sometimes they need to be able to get "out" just like we do, it seems to brighten the mood a bit.
Great job on getting the eye cleared up pus, that must feel better.

I didn't realize you had other injured birds. Can you get a photo of the green-gritty wounds? Any chance that the green is from the Hen Healer (did you put that on her?).

Just had a hawk rip my hens neck apart.so much tissue exposed in neck there was no way it wouldnt get infected so at day 2 took her to vet for antibiotics. She said leave it open, no bandage or wrap. Hibiclens patting wash to site 2x/day, pain med, antibiotic 2x/day. Big flap too she was afraid wouldn t adhere and would need to be surgically fixed w anesthesia but with the above treatment regime adhered to its healing well. Antibiotics are key. Yours is infected if it smells and your bird is suffeting. Get to a vet. Your sweet girl is counting on you.

Hi everyone 😀
So today I did it! I squeezed that infection out of her eye before I went to work, it looks like she still has some in there but it wouldn’t come out so I’ll try again tomorrow.
And I’ll also be going to take out more feathers around the wounds and try to scrape off gray rotten looking (and stinky) skin.
Any advice how to do it without too much pain?

She also ate a lot more today. She even pooped!
You can give pain meficine, look online forvdoses. I gave aspirin before the vet visit. Just don't remember dose. Go ahead and research it on google, etc.

Back
Top Bottom