Hen being bullied

Welcome to BYC!!!:welcome I am so sorry to hear about your bullied hen! The chicken or chickens picking on her should eventually get over it. My buff orpington was bullying around my production reds when she was first introduced to the flock and now she has gotten over it!

Welcome to BYC!!!:welcome I am so sorry to hear about your bullied hen! The chicken or chickens picking on her should eventually get over it. My buff orpington was bullying around my production reds when she was first introduced to the flock and now she has gotten over it!

I was hoping they would get over it but yesterday they really went at her and drew blood on her neck and head.

You might want to post in a different topic.
I'm new, so not sure what Sarah meant. Perhaps she didn't read the previous comments or maybe commented on the wrong post?

Good luck with this. We have 2 flocks in opposite sides of the yard. We had to isolate one of our original hens because (1) her roo was extremely rough with her & had removed most of the feathers from her back. (2) Her leg got injured somehow & the other hens & roo started picking on her to the point of drawing blood. We isolated her until her leg got well enough that she was walking well & the feathers grew back.

She was housed next to the younger 2nd flock, so we'd hoped to integrate her with them. When we tried, that roo was too rough. We would let her out & wait for her to get farther from the 2nd group before releasing them. Last week, something got her & she was bleeding when I went to shut them up for the night. She's well now, but keeping her isolated for a while longer. Hope she starts laying again soon (since last injury) or she'll be heading to the stew pot.

Thank you for your suggestions I've gotten some great feedback from everyone and am good ny to try a few of them.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom