Hen being over mated Buttonquail

Sophia_luvbug

Chirping
May 14, 2022
I am new to Buttonquail this is my first time having them I have 6 in a 75 gallon breeder I hatched them from eggs and I had three male and three female which isn’t the best scenario my one female is losing feathers on her head and her back I have Made saddles for chickens to prevent this I tried putting one on a quail it didn’t work is there a pattern I can get to make one perfectly as of now I might be able to separate them but I really don’t think I have the means to at the moment and slaughtering any of them is not an option for me is there something I can put on her to deter the males

Attachments

• C720FA3D-9FC3-4B25-8376-617E6A14DFF5.jpeg
    C720FA3D-9FC3-4B25-8376-617E6A14DFF5.jpeg
    382.7 KB · Views: 10
Can you seperate them?
I talked to my grandfather and we have a spare 40 gallon tall tank in the basement it’s mainly height and no floor space my next question would be do I separate all the females from the males forever or just let her heal and try to re-introduce

You need more females, or the same thing will happen. Do quail mate seasonally?
I’m not sure this is my first time having Buttonquail I couldn’t find anything on the Internet about it though it seems like you’ve had this platform longer than me is there anyone you can tag who Specializes in quail and if I separate them do I separate all the females from the males forever or just her to let her heal up

I’m not sure this is my first time having Buttonquail I couldn’t find anything on the Internet about it though it seems like you’ve had this platform longer than me is there anyone you can tag who Specializes in quail and if I separate them do I separate all the females from the males forever or just her to let her heal up
I’m sorry I just asked the same question twice I’m really worried first time this has ever happened to me oh my chicken experience comes from when I worked with my friends chickens and Hatched chickens for her each year

Button quail pair up, but occasionally you will get some over breeding. I would separate her for a while to give her a break, then see how she does when put back in with the rest.

Button quail pair up, but occasionally you will get some over breeding. I would separate her for a while to give her a break, then see how she does when put back in with the rest.
thank you, by the way and should i leave her in quarantine until she is heeled? im just worried that she will be lonely and when i take her out there will be two females and three mails will that be alright for awhile The other hens dont let the roosters boss them around only this one and is there anything i can put on the bald spots to help

Back
Top Bottom