hen cannot balance

I know it's heartbreaking. It's okay I just wanted you to know I wasn't blaming you for anything. You did all you could. :hugs
So, another vet suggested that my duck may have had an ear infection. Anyone hear (sorry for the pun) of that and had a duck lose it's balance (and then die of) to an ear infection?

Yes but what I wonder is how likely it is for ducks to get ear infections, as I've never heard of that and I assume their ears are made for lots of water in them since they dive in and dip in (splashing as they come up) so often.

I had such a hard time finding my goose's ears she went through a spell where she was shaking her head and of course first thing that popped into my mind was her ears. So I sat down with Missy holding her between my knees and went searching for her ears, {she was very patient with me being she does not like to be touched} I finally found them and both ears looked very normal no drainage or smell nothing out of the ordinary. She finally stopped shaking her head so I have no idea what that was about. But it was pretty cool to see her ears.

Back
Top Bottom