Hen Can't Lay Egg!! Help!

They can have days when they don't lay. As long as they aren't acting off laying in their nest and nothing happening pumping their tails then we need to worry.
Since your in Canada I'm not sure where you can purchase the oyster shells and Calcium Gluconate. We have some Canadian members let me tag a few.
Also what part of Canada? that will help too.
@New duck mommy 2021
@Canadian Wind

as for your younger not getting the extra calcium, I keep oyster shell out year round my drakes or youngins never touch it. I put it in a bowl separate from their feed.

Your feed shop should have the oyster shell and possibly some calcium, too.

I don't know where in Canada you are, but you can order online for the liquid calcium, or get it from a pharmacy or health food store, or maybe even in the health aisle at the grocery store.

I have a large dish of oyster shell out for mine, even though they aren't laying, and let them pick at it when they want it.

I use to get crushed oyster shells off Amazon from foothills but they no longer sell it
Now I order a box that shows smaller birds on it
It’s the same thing just smaller chunks
You can also pick it up at pet land pet store but mine is always out of stock
Be careful as many places sell as crushed oyster shells but they are really just white stones that are high calcium and not oyster at all
My birds won’t touch them but they make work for you

Back
Top Bottom