Hen Chicken Aprons / Saddles Protects and Allows Hens Time to Heal

growyourbrew

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 17, 2012
Chicken Lovers,
Are you tired of having hens peck each other, or having a rooster get a little too frisky and tearing their backs up? I'm sure many of you know that chicken aprons/saddles will help solve the problem.

Really though, who wants to be a chicken tailor on top of running a farm/homestead? Or spend possibly more money on a saddle(that may only last a season) than the chicken itself costs? It's now time to solve your problem!

Our new chicken saddles are almost indestructible (by a chicken), easily washable and CHEAP! Hand-produced in the USA!

$2.50 pays for 1 apron shipped WORLDWIDE.
$3 for 5 aprons
$10 for 10 aprons
$75 for 100 aprons

Shipping within the US for saddles is a flat $1.50 for orders of more than 1 saddle

Please let me know what chicken breeds you have so that I can send the appropiate size.

Our aprons/saddles:

* Help protect free-range or cooped hens and roosters
* Help resist predators
* Make locating chickens easier
* Resist punctures and scratches
* Are weather proof and effective from summer to winter
* Are washable - just hose them down, no need to hand/machine wash!
* Have no elastic to wear out
* Have no clasps to get pecked on
* Go on easily
* Can be personalized with permanent markers
* Can last longer than a chicken - is almost indestructible (by chickens)
* Dirt Cheap!

Why is it so cheap? We have been experimenting with various material and have found a suitable one that can be made into saddles quickly. We are able to make a quality product at a reasonable price right here in the Rocky Mountains!

I know other aprons look pretty but be aware that some designs can attract more pecking by other hens. Ours in white to prevent this. Try us out!

Last edited:
What are these even made of then? Rubber? Wouldn't the chickens overheat? Are there custom colors like the butterfly saddle vender?

Hi
These are made from reinforced vinyl (totally flexible). I've not have any problems with chickens overheating. Of course, always have shade and cool areas and lots of fresh water for your chickens, esp in the summer time. At this time, we are only offering saddles in white. We are experimenting with some designs but it's still in testing because we've found that some designs attract negative attention from other chickens and encourage more pecking behavior.
wink.png

Do you have more pictures of hens wearing them? These seem like a good deal but I'd like to know that if I get them that my chickens will be comfortable.

Yes, I sent more pics to your yahoo email. I'm having problems adding more pics through byc.com!

Hi
We sell 20 saddles for $21.50 shipped within the US. If you're still interested, I can send a paypal invoice, or you can order it directly from our site: chickenarmor.com

Is anything available for the back of a hens head that was pecked so much it looked like hamburger meat? I separated her until it was healed but every time I try to put her back with the other chickens the rooster attacks her and bites out chunks of her skin.

Back
Top Bottom