Hen? Crowing?!

FluffySilkie

Songster
Sep 11, 2020
Help! Recently, I had 3 chicks 2 of them turned out to be roosters and 1 hen, so we rehomed the roosters and kept the hen.
But lately she’s been crowing A LOT and super early in the morning. I’m worried because this is the same exact reason why we had to re-home the roosters and we also plan on getting some chicks for her, I’m not sure if that will help.

I don’t know how to stop it :confused: I need help! :fl

Hens don’t really crow... there are exceptions, it has been known to happen when there is no rooster and one takes on a “manly role....”
but it’s way more likely your crowing hen is a rooster. Can you post some pics?

Hens don’t really crow... there are exceptions, it has been known to happen when there is no rooster and one takes on a “manly role....”

We think it has something to do with mimicry, every time we laugh she makes a loud noise like our laugh, and when we made chickens noises she made them right after us. We think she picked it up from her brothers.

I’ll try to get pictures

“but it’s way more likely your crowing hen is a rooster”
She is not a rooster.... believe me we thought so too! Her crowing is horrible! She sounds like a goat, and that’s complimenting it! :gig She has no Spurs not even stubs! And she has horrible posture, unlike the roosters they had lots of it!

I’m taking more

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    523 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    613.5 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom