Hen? Crowing?!

I, too, have a hen that is crowing. They say it is because she is on a ‘power trip’ and needs to be spray from the rest of HER sisters. I came here going to find out how to go about that but haven’t seen anything about that. 😞

I, too, have a hen that is crowing. They say it is because she is on a ‘power trip’ and needs to be spray from the rest of HER sisters. I came here going to find out how to go about that but haven’t seen anything about that. 😞
*separated

Age of bird?

I have never needed to separate a crowing hen. I have only had one that did it. She was elderly and it sounded like someone was strangling an owl but she did her best.

Age of bird?

I have never needed to separate a crowing hen. I have only had one that did it. She was elderly and it sounded like someone was strangling an owl but she did her best.
Mine sounds just as bad.

I'm honestly not sure how to stop a hen from crowing. Are you worried because of a rooster ordinance, or just because you don't like it?

True. Figured by now they'd know.

You have ideas for stopping a crowing hen?
Mine usually stop after laying an egg. But still doesn't guarantee a quiet bird though. Talking about pullets who hasn't laid yet.

I have one banty hen who used to be annoying, & crow until I let her out into the garden. She thought if if she did that, she'd get what she wanted. She did eventually stop that when she became older, at 4yrs old.

Age of bird?

Yeah she does her best too. She will be 2yrs in July so she is still young, just wants to be head of the flick I guess, lol. Nonetheless it is quite annoying.
Mine sounds just as bad.

I'm honestly not sure how to stop a hen from crowing. Are you worried because of a rooster ordinance, or just because you don't like it?
I am concerned because we aren’t allowed roosters. She has 6 sisters and I guess feels she needs to stand in for the real thing.
I need to fashion something to get her separated I just don’t know how to go about it. I have asked for suggestions on another site but no replies. We are going out of town, with having someone come over to check on them so didn’t want to have it going on while gone. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom