Hen doesn’t really walk during the fall/winter

Articuno711

In the Brooder
Nov 18, 2016
I have a 3 year old hen who doesn’t walk when the weather changes to fall and winter. She barely moves and she walks short distances and sits down a lot. When she walks she limps. The thing is she only does this when it changes seasons like I said, during the summer and spring she’s back to normal and runs a moves a normal hen. Is there anything I can do to help her feel better during fall and winter because I feel maybe she’s in pain trying to walk.

I have a 3 year old hen who doesn’t walk when the weather changes to fall and winter. She barely moves and she walks short distances and sits down a lot. When she walks she limps. The thing is she only does this when it changes seasons like I said, during the summer and spring she’s back to normal and runs a moves a normal hen. Is there anything I can do to help her feel better during fall and winter because I feel maybe she’s in pain trying to walk.
Can you post some photos of your hen? (her as a whole, her standing, her legs and the bottoms of her feet)

That's interesting. Is she doing that now? If she is, can you get a video of her, upload to youtube and provide a link?

Is she molting during the time that she has a hard time walking?
What do you feed including treats?

Have you examined her during fall/winter to see if she has any bloat/swelling or fluid in the abdomen - does she lay eggs during the time that she's limping?

So she's 36-48 months old?
Has she done this every fall and winter of her life?

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!
upload_2019-9-22_7-55-7.png

Back
Top Bottom