Hen fighting with Rooster

When I originally poated,I thought they were fighting. She had gone face to face with him and had lost a good amount of feathers. I kept watching after I posted. I think that was an isolated incident. Since then they've been normal but lost even more feathers.
I've read quick loss of feathers = quick regrowth. Do you know if this is true? She has lost all of these feathers in two days and already has new growth. I hope she will be fully feathered before weather gets cold again.

When I originally poated,I thought they were fighting. She had gone face to face with him and had lost a good amount of feathers. I kept watching after I posted. I think that was an isolated incident. Since then they've been normal but lost even more feathers.
I've read quick loss of feathers = quick regrowth. Do you know if this is true? She has lost all of these feathers in two days and already has new growth. I hope she will be fully feathered before weather gets cold again.
Usually.....time will tell.
Make sure she has plenty of protein in her diet to help those feathers grow out faster.

She is on 20% protein laying pellets.
Just make sure that you switch back to 16% when they're done molting. That much protein can be bad for them unless they really need it, although I forget exactly why
roll.png

I should look into the protein. I didn't know that 20% protein was not best for them. I'll study on that.

I mix laying pellets (20%) with scratch in the feeder. We give them kitchen scraps almost daily.

Back
Top Bottom