Hen gasping for air

Can you post a picture of her breastbone?
I'll go take one shortly.
Give 0.25 ml today, then do that for four more days.
Ok 👍
If you want to give the Tylan 200, give 0.2 ml orally three times a day. If you can't do three times a day, give 0.3 ml orally twice a day.

If you want to give Baytril, and you think it's the 10% stuff, give 0.13 ml twice a day for 3-5 days. If there is no improvement after three days, stop giving it.
Should I give both in addition to the panacur or should I give one or the other?
I'm fine with trying whatever you think is best.

Should I give both in addition to the panacur or should I give one or the other?
I'm fine with trying whatever you think is best.
Panacur can be given with Tylan & Baytril. Let's see what her breastbone looks like, then pick the antibiotic.

Panacur can be given with Tylan & Baytril. Let's see what her breastbone looks like, then pick the antibiotic.
I spread the feathers apart quite a bit here, so it doesn't typically look this prominent. It looks a little sore, maybe from laying down extra?
20231125_142924.jpg
20231125_142847.jpg
20231125_142902.jpg

That's pretty thin. Start with the Baytril. Check her for lice too.
Ok, so .25 ml of panacur once a day for 4 more days, and .13 ml twice a day of baytril for at least 3 days?
I already gave the panacur today, I'll go give the baytril now and then again late tonight.

Ok, so .25 ml of panacur once a day for 4 more days, and .13 ml twice a day of baytril for at least 3 days?
I already gave the panacur today, I'll go give the baytril now and then again late tonight.
Sounds good.
I don't see any lice or mites. I check the birds over frequently.
Do you have any poultry dust?

I've only ever had one mite problem and one lice problem over the years, and only in the summer from the nasty sparrows.

Did you check her entire body for them or just the vent? I ask because different lice like different parts of the body. And FWIW, I've never seen a sick bird that did not have some lice.

Back
Top Bottom