Hen going blind, or what? Need suggestions

Hello Judy, I noticed you live in SW Mo. and I live in Mo. as well. There is a great avian vet located in Chesterfield, Mo. who handles poultry. His name is Dr. Kersting...I dunno how far southwest you are or how much this chicken means to you but if you are willing to make the trip I could give you more info. if you need it...

Hope all turns out well with your chicken.

TJ

Thanks, TJ. Looks like Chesterfield is about 200 miles. I am about 30 miles N. of Springfield. I love all my chickens, but they aren't pets as in house pets, etc. I have about 20 in this pen, for eggs. Keep feed and fresh water out for them, as well as grit and oyster shells, and throw out the melon rinds and other fruit and veggie scraps, as well as a handfull of scratch sometimes. They come running when I come out, but I can't pick any of them up, and Maurice, the buff Silkie roo, attacks me every time I go in the pen. LOL He thinks he is really Mr. Important with 20 standard hens to take care of.
If something fairly inexpensive, like the worming, doesn't do it, I will have to clear out and start over, I am afraid. Thanks to all for the help and suggestions. I am trying the worming.

Judy, There is a post below from Ivan3 regarding a tumor his turkey had. He posted the name of the vet in Columbia that worked on his bird, Dr. D. Leach, DVM, Columbia, MO, might be worth emailing him and getting her number, at least put in a call to her office and see if they would offer any advice or suggestions regarding your hen. HTH

Back
Top Bottom