Hen has bubbles in her eye! Please help!

You might want to ask your vet to get some testing of the chicken to see if she has MG. Your vet may treat her with an antibiotic, such as Tylosin or others. Tylosin is available here for pigeons, but it would take a few days to get some:
https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/
The dosage is 1 tsp per gallon of water for 3-5 days, and she needs to drink normally. Change the water after 3 days.

Her eyes keep draining then bubbling again. She’s shaking her head but her nose isn’t watering anymore.

Update: Her eyes aren’t foamy just a bit bubbly. She has feathers growing in right under her eyes (I’m guessing due to her molt) but it’s still just that one eye. She is very grumpy and won’t stop talking. She isn’t shaking her head much more (than normal cause she usually does a bit due to her muffs and her (normally) more watery eyes). These pictures were quite hard to get because she will not sit still!
DD66BAEF-E4AE-4DAF-8F0D-3AEF1777A6A3.jpeg
8E9F6626-C5AA-4002-9E1F-98A11A662B3D.jpeg

Update: There are even less bubbles in her eyes and I found something. There is a muff feather that is all crusted and stuck to her eyelid! I saw that this morning when I dabbed her eye but I wasn’t super sure what it was. So maybe that got in her eye first and now it is irritating her eyelid? I will clean it up after I let it drain a bit more.😉

Update she knocked over her food and water and fell asleep because it got dark. So we turned on the light and she woke up and her eyes were clear but then she blinked and kept blinking and the bubbles came back so I might try to dab and add Neosporin again?🤷🏽‍♀️

And yet another update(🤣): Pumpkin was woken up again and even with time there were no bubbles in her eye. (Forgot to mention that she always gets a small bit of bubbles in her eyes at bed time and whenever she is woken up if we need to go back down there (normally if a hen falls down or if chicks are hatching or whatever🤪) for whatever reason). So I took off that crusty muff feather and it was actually connected to either new or just small feathers right under her eye. So I cleaned it up and put more Neosporin on and in!😉 (Also her muffs are such a mess that I found a small stick in there!🙄🤣)

Back
Top Bottom