Hen is attacking Rooster

jackbolton3

Chirping
Feb 21, 2021
So I have a peculiar situation I have a breeder trio of Coturnix Quail and randomly after all this time one of the hens is starting to seek out the rooster and attack it. Now before you say 2 hens isn't enough I've never had a problem with him oveermating them or fighting, I think he has low libido XD

But if I have to separate them should I take the roo out or the mean hen out? It sucks because she's my only blue egg hen and now she hates my only blue roo.. But it's just pitiful he just sits in the corner staring at the wall. Another thing too is when she has attacked she makes a sound I've never heard any of my quail make ever. I have to put her in timeout until she calms down. I never see any indication of the others instigating it. She just snaps randomly..

What should I do??

I'd separate out the aggressive hen for a day. I've done this, and when the aggressive bird is reintroduced, they seem to be a lot more willing to get along.

If this doesn't work, you may have to separate her more permanently.
Ok I'll give it a shot. Do you have any idea as to why this has happend? Is it just a random thing that's happend?

I had a hen who decided she hated males after she went broody. She raised her chicks in her feminist ways too. She and her daughters attacked the male I put them with. I've since put them with a few tougher males in a large coop. They sort of tolerate them, but they still show the boys who's boss.
The amazonian quails. New breed 😂

One my gals hates my roo with a passion lol doesnt let her mate snd chases him around that horrible noise means she angry ....i seperated mine for a day then put her back in lot better everyone diff tho ...quail can be viscious little things to each other hope sort it out 💖
Sam xx

None of my gals have ever turned broody yet not sure they maternal type so i incubate 🥰🥰

Attachments

• 20210220_231932.jpg
    20210220_231932.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom