Hen is sick

Any stool softener? I am seeing mostly pills...any recomendation?
Colase or generic doccusate sodium is a common stool softener. Many also use coconut oil, chilled and cut into small pieces to peck. Aim for 1 tsp as a dose. They tend to get filled up on that or a little less.
@Eggcessive has it right. You want just stool softener. NO Laxative.

Ok. I was reading where several have used red wine...this morning she was slightly bloated feeling with a squishy ball..so I gave her a 4 droppers full....gently massaged her crop. She sounded very gurgle and even burped....so I left her quietly with her water. When I got home her crop was emptier then it had been in days. She was grooming and cooing. I gave her a few more droppers of red wine and will check on her in a bit.

Ok. I was reading where several have used red wine...this morning she was slightly bloated feeling with a squishy ball..so I gave her a 4 droppers full....gently massaged her crop. She sounded very gurgle and even burped....so I left her quietly with her water. When I got home her crop was emptier then it had been in days. She was grooming and cooing. I gave her a few more droppers of red wine and will check on her in a bit.
Reading where?

https://the-chicken-chick.com/whats-scoop-on-chicken-poop-digestive/
This article is helpful on “assessing” chicken poop. It sounds like you are trying lots of great natural antibiots/probiotics to boost her immune system and have been very proactive and attentive in handling her. I really hope you find a solution and that she will be ok! My only thoughts would be that giving her full access to water may be important. She may seem to be drinking a lot of it, but I don’t think that that would be a bad thing if that’s what she is doing instinctively. I would also offer her pure water along with the water you have added supplements/remedies to.

Actually I've heard of people treating infections in poultry with diaetenaceous earth also.

But you would have to be precise on how much, and I'm not sure what that amount would be. I think its also used as a de-wormer, plus getting rid of parasites.
Also to make sure you are using specifically food grade DE

Be really careful with the wine, it may help relax the bird and can also be a diuretic, but has a high sugar content and will also definitely cause inflammation, which is not helpful for any health condition.

Back
Top Bottom