Hen is throwing up clearish liquid??

I figured I’d update. She seems to be ok, I was worried it was linked to what was happening a few months ago. I have her a bath and added rooster booster to their water for an extra oomph. And the hen who I had seen with a runny nose two days ago is also ok it was probably just some dust that bothered her bc no runny nose since then.

This sounds like the same thing that is wrong with my SS Jewels. She's had this problem like, since I got her last fall when she was around 4 months old. Often when I find her throwing up is when she's by the waterer. She'd drink way too much water. She'd start drinking before the other hens, and would still be drinking when they were done.

This is what I've found that has helped: A crop bra. She still goes diarrhea, but she doesn't throw up as much, and her crop has gotten harder, and not feeling like she's got it filled with water.

I'd like to know... Do you know her eggs? I know my Jewels' eggs, and when she lays them, there's often extra liquid with the egg (the shavings are wet around her egg.). Another thing. Often in that liquid around the egg, there's little specks that looks like coffee grinds. I'm wondering if your hen has the same thing, liquid around her eggs.

This sounds like the same thing that is wrong with my SS Jewels. She's had this problem like, since I got her last fall when she was around 4 months old. Often when I find her throwing up is when she's by the waterer. She'd drink way too much water. She'd start drinking before the other hens, and would still be drinking when they were done.

This is what I've found that has helped: A crop bra. She still goes diarrhea, but she doesn't throw up as much, and her crop has gotten harder, and not feeling like she's got it filled with water.

I'd like to know... Do you know her eggs? I know my Jewels' eggs, and when she lays them, there's often extra liquid with the egg (the shavings are wet around her egg.). Another thing. Often in that liquid around the egg, there's little specks that looks like coffee grinds. I'm wondering if your hen has the same thing, liquid around her eggs.
Oh that’s very interesting, I sure do hope it’s just water with mine, her crop feels pretty normal. I cleaned nugget today and saw her poop and it actually started looking a little more normal (not as watery).

I’ve never heard of a crop bra before but I’ll have to look it up. When nugget lays eggs though, I’ve never felt or seen anything wet or a coffee grind like substance.

Oh that’s very interesting, I sure do hope it’s just water. I cleaned nugget today and saw her poop and it actually started looking a little more normal (not as watery).

I’ve never heard of a crop bra before but I’ll have to look it up. When nugget lays eggs though, I’ve never felt or seen anything wet or a coffee grind like substance.
That's good that your hen's poop is looking more normal. Jewels' poop occasionally looks normal, but it's usually diarrhea.

This is where I got mine: https://crazy-k-farm.myshopify.com/products/birdy-bra-crop-supporter-chest-protector I don't know why I see the wet and sometimes coffee grinds around Jewels' eggs, but it should be good if you're not seeing anything. :)

That's good that your hen's poop is looking more normal. Jewels' poop occasionally looks normal, but it's usually diarrhea.

This is where I got mine: https://crazy-k-farm.myshopify.com/products/birdy-bra-crop-supporter-chest-protector I don't know why I see the wet and sometimes coffee grinds around Jewels' eggs, but it should be good if you're not seeing anything. :)
Thanks for the link! I’ll look into one of Nuggets problem persists. I wish us luck with both our hens in the future :D

Back
Top Bottom