Hen is walking slow and closing eyes. What should I do?

You didn't elaborate about the amounts of each foodstuff. Most importantly, what is the percentage of the entire diet that is pellets. And what kind of pellets are they? Protein percentage and type of feed. Since you listed corn first, I'm afraid that might make the bulk of her intake.
While bugs are good, they aren't likely to make up a significant portion of the diet and virtually non-existent through winter. That means months without that protein boost.

You didn't elaborate about the amounts of each foodstuff. Most importantly, what is the percentage of the entire diet that is pellets. And what kind of pellets are they? Protein percentage and type of feed. Since you listed corn first, I'm afraid that might make the bulk of her intake.
While bugs are good, they aren't likely to make up a significant portion of the diet and virtually non-existent through winter. That means months without that protein boost.
I feed my chickens the DuMOR 17% All Flock Pellet Poultry Feed so yes we do give her protein

Back
Top Bottom