Hen keeps sitting down //Help//

Pics
How is your flock?
They are fine. I have not removed the bumblefoot completely yet, because it keeps bleeding. I am giving them a weeks time to heal. I'll start the removal this weekend. All the plugs are really hard.

But, there is a new problem now. They, first, were giving less eggs than usual. In a flock of 7, I get 1-2 eggs daily for the past week or two. Second, from last consecutive 3 days, they have been eating their own eggs or eggs. I am finding half missing broken shells of just one egg. Third, they are getting really aggressive. Enough to keep the one I started this thread for, up in their sheltered place throughout the day. I have to place food for her separately in there.

Attachments

• JPEG_20211018_165300_7700674662554889125.jpg
    JPEG_20211018_165300_7700674662554889125.jpg
    714.4 KB · Views: 2
They are fine. I have not removed the bumblefoot completely yet, because it keeps bleeding. I am giving them a weeks time to heal. I'll start the removal this weekend. All the plugs are really hard.

But, there is a new problem now. They, first, were giving less eggs than usual. In a flock of 7, I get 1-2 eggs daily for the past week or two. Second, from last consecutive 3 days, they have been eating their own eggs or eggs. I am finding half missing broken shells of just one egg. Third, they are getting really aggressive. Enough to keep the one I started this thread for, up in their sheltered place throughout the day. I have to place food for her separately in there.
Are they moulting? That will make them stop laying eggs as much and crave eggs a little.

Try collecting eggs more often if you can. A lot of people view this thread so you can ask questions.
But they aren't giving much eggs in the first place.
A hen of mine sometimes screams before giving eggs. And I am hearing this scream after weeks. That scream is not egg song. They are literal screams.

Try collecting eggs more often if you can. A lot of people view this thread so you can ask questions
The hen whom I started this thread for is looking extremely pale. It isn't like that temporary paleness when they aren't active much, but more like a constant light pink color. She is much more paler in person.

She had lice before but I gave her a permethrin bath and couldn't find any on her today. She is also acting a bit dull and is getting bullied a lot. I have to put their feed in 3 separate places, but she still doesn't eat from them and roams around away from the main flock. She usually stays in the roosting area even during the day.

Her abdomen is rock hard. I don't believe she has given an egg for over a week...

Her dropping is also completely watery. She has had diarrhea for a long time. Her vent feathers started detoriating cause of the droppings. Her vent feathers are growing back, and the area isn't red as before.

She is eating fine tho.

Attachments

• 20211020_171717.jpg
    20211020_171717.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom