Hen keeps sitting down //Help//

Can the other girls bully cupcake in that spot?
No. They dont know about that spot.

Cupcake used to be very energetic before. Even though she was bullied, she would still try to mix up. Now, her appetite has reduced and she seems less interested in everything. She is still eating and drinking, but not with the same energy as before. I don't know if this is making sense. 😥

Also, I checked her vent and it looks extremely dry. Maybe she has stopped laying. Do hens that have stopped laying also lose interest in everything?

No. They dont know about that spot.

Cupcake used to be very energetic before. Even though she was bullied, she would still try to mix up. Now, her appetite has reduced and she seems less interested in everything. She is still eating and drinking, but not with the same energy as before. I don't know if this is making sense. 😥

Also, I checked her vent and it looks extremely dry. Maybe she has stopped laying. Do hens that have stopped laying also lose interest in everything?
I think it means she is done laying for now. Can you give her a full health check and tell us everything? Maybe she has mites or something?

I think it means she is done laying for now. Can you give her a full health check and tell us everything? Maybe she has mites or something?
She used to have bad case of lice actually. I gave her a permethrin bath a week ago and have been checking her since. I didnt find any lice today. While checking her today, I found that she is growing a lot of new feathers.

Her abdomen was firm as always.
She still has plugs under her feet but they don't look infected. She is walking just fine.

She used to have bad case of lice actually. I gave her a permethrin bath a week ago and have been checking her since. I didnt find any lice today. While checking her today, I found that she is growing a lot of new feathers.

Her abdomen was firm as always.
She still has plugs under her feet but they don't look infected. She is walking just fine.
She is probably doing a soft molt. Loosing a few feathers here and there. That would explain no eggs.

My Australorp, she just turned 1 a year ago, has been sitting down.
She is weak, but is usually extremely active and eats very well. I believe she is weak because she had extreme diarrhea, which caused her vent feathers to deteriorate and her abdomen went bare and became red, due to exposure to dust and sun I suppose?
Nowadays, her vent feathers are in the process of growing.
She has lice more than other hens because she is really unkept and never takes care of her feathers. I have only seen her dust bath once in her entire lifetime!

I don't know when she last gave an egg but we have been having a dry spell overall. We have 7 eggs but we get average 2-3 eggs per day.

They also got Bronchitis when they were young, but I have never heard her wheeze.

They are free ranging right now. Usually she is extremely active, but right now she walks a few steps, sits down and eats the weed around her. Her crop has water and a little feed.

Her legs are a little scaly, not much, and I had started treating it with petroleum jelly, the day before yesterday. But can leg mites cause her to sit like that and limit her activity?

Since she is sitting down a lot, the rest of the flock is bullying her a lot and not letting her rest. She was already really low in the pecking order. The rooster just stood on her during mating, I had to push him off of him.

Any idea what might be wrong with her?
There’s a cure for this disease but it’s relatively new and doesn’t have a name currently exists in Kurdistan made by DrRebwar. So I don’t know many other solutions other than poultry pills made for curing intestinal diseases. I do know what the causes are though if it’s not something she’s been eating it’s possibly caused by parasites like lice. So I’d also recommend getting some poultry pesticides. Because one other thing I know for sure is that this sort of problem is highly contagious, once the first hen shows symptoms the rest of the younger folks under 2 years will develop it especially the females.

There’s a cure for this disease but it’s relatively new and doesn’t have a name currently exists in Kurdistan made by DrRebwar. So I don’t know many other solutions other than poultry pills made for curing intestinal diseases. I do know what the causes are though if it’s not something she’s been eating it’s possibly caused by parasites like lice. So I’d also recommend getting some poultry pesticides. Because one other thing I know for sure is that this sort of problem is highly contagious, once the first hen shows symptoms the rest of the younger folks under 2 years will develop it especially the females.
Are you saying that we are receiving less eggs due to this disease you have mentioned or her problem of sitting down?

Back
Top Bottom