Hen lethargic possible impacted crop

We have always used Roterone sulfer mix it was recomended by the breeder hes quite wellknown here

Hi there my 1 yearold barnevelder has been acting lethargic the last 2 days today she had a very hard crop in the morning. I gave her coconut oil and massaged her crop it has softend, she is closing one eye and is quite slow she is eating and drinking i put acv in her water she is pooping any ideas?

Grain cheese and grass also whatever she finds outside i live in australia

tiny bit watery but the grain is wheat, barley, triticale, peas, lupins, sunflower, sorghum, corn, canola, shell grit, limestone, dicalcium phosphate, vegetable oil.
what can i do rn to help her recover
It would be a good idea to continue with your existing thread instead of starting a new one. Here is the one about the LICE.
What is in the photo on her eye is a louse. Permethrin will take care of the issue.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/mite-id-urgent.1602676/#post-27269876

For the crop problem, follow the instructions in the thread below for treatment.
Very often a crop problem is a symptom of an underlying condition - disease, worms, coccidiosis, reproduction disorders and infection are common causes for a crop to slow and become impacted.
A crop problem is usually not resolved in a day or two, it can take weeks sometimes to get fully functional again, depending on the cause.
With the eye closing, your hen may be have something else going on, I would investigate that further to see if she just has something in the eye (flush it out and see if it improves) or if the eye closing is due to neurological symptoms.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

It would be a good idea to continue with your existing thread instead of starting a new one. Here is the one about the LICE.
What is in the photo on her eye is a louse. Permethrin will take care of the issue.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/mite-id-urgent.1602676/#post-27269876

For the crop problem, follow the instructions in the thread below for treatment.
Very often a crop problem is a symptom of an underlying condition - disease, worms, coccidiosis, reproduction disorders and infection are common causes for a crop to slow and become impacted.
A crop problem is usually not resolved in a day or two, it can take weeks sometimes to get fully functional again, depending on the cause.
With the eye closing, your hen may be have something else going on, I would investigate that further to see if she just has something in the eye (flush it out and see if it improves) or if the eye closing is due to neurological symptoms.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
what should i feed her for breakfast and could the crop issue have been caused by lice weekening her?

Shes eaten some boiled egg shellgrit done a few good poos and is drinking i think she is getting better the lice really were bothering her

Shes acting lethargic apart from that fine crop is full but soft no sour smell have dusted her will update tmrw

what should i feed her for breakfast and could the crop issue have been caused by lice weekening her?

Crop is hard in the morning what should i do

Shes eaten some boiled egg shellgrit done a few good poos and is drinking i think she is getting better the lice really were bothering her
What are you calling "shell grit" - oyster shell? That's great for adding supplemental calcium but it's not hard enough to act a grit in the gizzard.

She can have her normal pellet or crumble poultry feed (wet or dry) and easy to process food like the egg you gave. I would avoid whole grain, seeds, etc. until the crop issue is resolved.

Lice generally is not something that would cause the crop symptoms, but I suppose if the infestation is severe and her system is that compromised, they lice could be part of the problem.

Her poo is a bit green ill give her some crumbled grain the lice were pretty bad on our broody so i rekon a major infestation the shellgrit seems to be seashells
What are you calling "shell grit" - oyster shell? That's great for adding supplemental calcium but it's not hard enough to act a grit in the gizzard.

She can have her normal pellet or crumble poultry feed (wet or dry) and easy to process food like the egg you gave. I would avoid whole grain, seeds, etc. until the crop issue is resolved.

Lice generally is not something that would cause the crop symptoms, but I suppose if the infestation is severe and her system is that compromised, they lice could be part of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom