Hen Little lethargic with yellow runny, sticky poo.

ladykittydeana

Chirping
10 Years
Feb 18, 2013
Pasadena, ca
She’s not eating, and I am feeding her vitamins and probiotics with a dropper. I also gave her three pigeon amoxicillin that a friend suggested, and was wondering if she has an infection, would that be enough? She weighs about 3lbs.

Her poo is runny and yellow/ green in color. I believe the green is from her eating greens and the yellow seems like it could be from an egg yolk that may be broken inside her. Not sure.

108A4D95-DB7C-445B-8B9F-274798018A5D.png

Attachments

• 4DD73275-84D4-402C-B34C-6CCC4D5A1603.png
    4DD73275-84D4-402C-B34C-6CCC4D5A1603.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
Need some more info... How old is she? Is she currently laying? Any known egg issues? Does her crop feel ok (not impacted or swollen)? What is her diet and does she free range?

Chickens that aren't eating enough have green poop from too much bile and the yellow could be urates (the typically white cap on their poop), which might indicate a liver or kidney issue.

She is a year old. Definitely laying eggs. Not an issue with her health until now. Her crop was not full this morning. I have been giving her water with Nutri drench and probiotics so I can tell there’s a little something in her crop now since I’ve been giving her the fluids. I don’t seem to indicate sour crop no impaction.. she free ranges three times a week and stays near the coop. She does like to eat greens.

Need some more info... How old is she? Is she currently laying? Any known egg issues? Does her crop feel ok (not impacted or swollen)? What is her diet and does she free range?

Chickens that aren't eating enough have green poop from too much bile and the yellow could be urates (the typically white cap on their poop), which might indicate a liver or kidney issue.
I also noticed when she pooped it was green vegetable leaves that I had given her the night before. I wonder if she’s allergic to the green vegetable.

Can you get a pic of her poop? If she's pooping out identifiable leaves it seems like she isn't really digesting her food. Possibly something causing inflammation of her intestines (infection, worms, moldy/toxic food) or maybe an impacted gizzard if she really likes to gorge on greens?

Back
Top Bottom