Hen looks skinned alive and is tramatuzed

Mooocoow7

Songster
May 1, 2020
Norcal
My poor slw hen looks like she was skinned alive and is severely traumatized about it. It smells really bad too. Is there anything else I can do besides spraying vetericyn and neosporin.

Attachments

• IMG_20210315_083256_382.jpg
    IMG_20210315_083256_382.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 19
My poor slw hen looks like she was skinned alive and is severely traumatized about it. It smells really bad too. Is there anything else I can do besides spraying vetericyn and neosporin.
Just keep it clean, & moist. Since you mentioned a smell, there maybe an infection going on.

Looks like severe rooster damage.

The roosters are the only thing that could have done it. Just yesterday she had all he feathers and with all my other ladys they loose there feathers over time not in one night.
I'd suggest getting a hen saddle if the boys considered her a favorite.

How many boys do you have? Which one is more behaved?

The damage on her hips look like tears from spurs. Check for extra long spurs, those will need either a trimming, or pulling.

The damage on her hips look like tears from spurs. Check for extra long spurs, those will need either a I'

The damage on her hips look like tears from spurs. Check for extra long spurs, those will need either a trimming, or pulling.
I have 6 roos but none of there spurs are sharp yet. I've tried hen saddles before and they didn't work out very good they made the roosters rape the poor hen even more. I have 14 hens and am probably gonna get 3-6 more this year. The best behaved one is usually the one who is lowest on the pecking order.

I have 6 roos but none of there spurs are sharp yet. I've tried hen saddles before and they didn't work out very good they made the roosters rape the poor hen even more. I have 14 hens and am probably gonna get 3-6 more this year. The best behaved one is usually the one who is lowest on the pecking order.
poor ladies 🥺 maybe they’re just learning right now and aren’t that gentle, you do have too many roosters though

Back
Top Bottom