Hen loosing balance and tilting her head

She’s doing a bit better today, she’s not thrashing around unless she gets startled but she is still eating and drinking with a little bit of help from me. But she lays down all day, if she doesn't get better soon I’m afraid her quality of life isn’t worth it but I won’t stop fighting for her as she is still fighting

She’s doing a bit better today, she’s not thrashing around unless she gets startled but she is still eating and drinking with a little bit of help from me. But she lays down all day, if she doesn't get better soon I’m afraid her quality of life isn’t worth it but I won’t stop fighting for her as she is still fighting
:hugs Keep us posted on how she's doing. I'm glad she's a little better today.

Walked out to help her get some water and she was holding her head/neck up like normal :) I’m not getting my hopes up to high as I know if she has wet neck it’s an up and down thing. I have a question about the vitamins though, I’ve been reading that you should give them vitamin E 2-3 times a day so I’m wondering if I should start giving her them morning and night?

Walked out to help her get some water and she was holding her head/neck up like normal :) I’m not getting my hopes up to high as I know if she has wet neck it’s an up and down thing. I have a question about the vitamins though, I’ve been reading that you should give them vitamin E 2-3 times a day so I’m wondering if I should start giving her them morning and night?
No. Only give 400IU Vitamin E once a day. Vitamin E is fat soluble, so it stays in the body longer than some other vitamins. You can overdose Vitamin E. Stick with giving once a day for a week and see how it goes.

Yes we have had a few random deaths that were out of no where. And two chickens (a rooster and his daughter) have died from some sort of tumor. I’ve been trying to convince my parents to let me have one of them get a necropsy. We have stopped getting new chickens for good as I can’t keep bringing them in if there is some disease in our yard/flock. Thank you for your help!

@Farm life101

Where do you live in Florida?

The state of Florida does the necropsy for free. There is a "Bronson Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory" that has been set up by a Grant I think. It is in Kissimmee, Florida.

If you decide to call let them know of any previousdeaths.

I called the State Vet in Gainesville, Florida.

Dr. Daniel Wolf
8218 SW 72 Pl.
Gainesville, Florida 32608

phone 352-745-2544

email [email protected]

email [email protected]

www.FDACS.gov

Last edited:
@Farm life101

Where do you live in Florida?

The state of Florida does the necropsy for free. There is a "Bronson Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory" that has been set up by a Grant I think. It is in Kissimmee, Florida.

If you decide to call let them know of any previousdeaths.

I called the State Vet in Gainesville, Florida.

Dr. Daniel Wolf
8218 SW 72 Pl.
Gainesville, Florida 32608

phone 352-745-2544

email [email protected]

email [email protected]

www.FDACS.gov
Oh wow, thank you so much, my parents should be okay with that so if we have anymore deaths I’ll have to bring them in

She has been doing really well today, sitting up with her neck normal and staying up (not sleeping). She’s also been trying to walk, she’s wobbly but she can take a few steps and she has been cleaning herself as well. When I give her water she is pecking the syringe i give it to her in, instead of me just giving it to her.

She has been doing really well today, sitting up with her neck normal and staying up (not sleeping). She’s also been trying to walk, she’s wobbly but she can take a few steps and she has been cleaning herself as well. When I give her water she is pecking the syringe i give it to her in, instead of me just giving it to her.
Glad she is doing better today.
Sounds like she's wanting to drink a bit on her own - try holding a shallow cup up to her beak and see if she will take some water and maybe even a bit of wet mushy feed.

Glad she is doing better today.
Sounds like she's wanting to drink a bit on her own - try holding a shallow cup up to her beak and see if she will take some water and maybe even a bit of wet mushy feed.
She’s been drinking by herself from a bowl last night and so far this morning, I’ve also been leaving her mushy food and shes slowly eating it as well as some greens yesterday. I think she’s doing much better as I took her out of her cage to clean it and she was walking all over porch with little to no trouble. I’m hoping she will stay this way and not go downhill🤞

Back
Top Bottom