Hen makes like-cry/gurgling sounds

bonandtam

Chirping
Jul 23, 2023
Just this morning i came to feed my hens a treat, i noticed the black hen is making this constant noise, even when no humans are around. I am a but concerned as i’ve never owned chickens before and can’t pin point it on research alone. It is not too cold in Australia at the moment, they are both molting and she has just layed her first egg since most this morning as a little info of her current state.

It is a constant low? pitch, she does it around the yard and when i feed her.
Has anyone experienced this and what is it indicating?

😂😂Just this morning i came to feed my hens a treat, i noticed the black hen is making this constant noise, even when no humans are around. I am a but concerned as i’ve never owned chickens before and can’t pin point it on research alone. It is not too cold in Australia at the moment, they are both molting and she has just layed her first egg since most this morning as a little info of her current state.

It is a constant low? pitch, she does it around the yard and when i feed her.
Has anyone experienced this and what is it indicating?
Yes, it's sort of a complaining, urgent noise. My hens do it when they are preparing to lay an egg and trying to find a suitable nesting box for their needs or they are complaining about something (i.e. the heat). Your hen seems to be doing it out of urgency because she wants to get the most carrot she can before anyone else comes to steal it! 😂 Some hens will do it all the time. It's nothing to worry about! :D

Yes, it's sort of a complaining, urgent noise. My hens do it when they are preparing to lay an egg and trying to find a suitable nesting box for their needs or they are complaining about something (i.e. the heat). Your hen seems to be doing it out of urgency because she wants to get the most carrot she can before anyone else comes to steal it! 😂 Some hens will do it all the time. It's nothing to worry about! :D
Ohh! i hope so haha! she seemed to poke a cheeky peck at my other hen while sharing the carrot 🫢🤣 she seems to back to her normal self today so far :)

Back
Top Bottom