Hen never laid an egg

Thanks Texas Kiki, hopefully reporting what I found will be of help to someone in the future that reads old posts. I'm going to miss that hen, she was SO friendly and would always come running at a mad-dash when I'd come outside, even before calling to the girls :) Why is it always the sick ones that are so darned friendly?
:hugs
It always happens to the favorites.
Always. :confused:

I'd like to know, knowing what you know now, would you have put her down sooner?

Yes, absolutely would have. I would have had alarm bells ringing in my head immediately after her second sister started laying too, a full 2 months before I became alarmed. I don't know if the outcome would have been different, but it bothers me that if I'd been more aware of her situation that maybe I could have treated her with antibiotics sooner, when they might have done her more good. My inexperience with reproductive disorders may have killed my hen.

Yes, absolutely would have. I would have had alarm bells ringing in my head immediately after her second sister started laying too, a full 2 months before I became alarmed. I don't know if the outcome would have been different, but it bothers me that if I'd been more aware of her situation that maybe I could have treated her with antibiotics sooner, when they might have done her more good. My inexperience with reproductive disorders may have killed my hen.
Thank you.

I am so sorry that you lost your special hen. It really does help to do the necropsy, while difficult to do, it helps to explain what was wrong. You, like many of us who do necropsies, have learned what to look for in the future. Thank you for telling us what you found in the necropsy.

Back
Top Bottom