Hen not being accepted

AQHAchick22

Songster
7 Years
Apr 12, 2012
Averill Park, NY
I have a Sebright hen who has always been a little on the small side (I mean smaller then regular bantam/sebright size). I took her inside a few days ago because it was freezing and she didn't look too good, had a bit of blood on her comb etc.

Anyway, I brought her in, healed her up and went to put her back outside with everyone else. She was attacked right away and beat up again, so I brought her back inside. I'm thinking of putting her in the coop in the middle of the night but is this really going to work? I don't want to do that and wake up to find a dead chicken...

The chance is very good that, when the ones that beat her up wake to and find her there she will get beat up again. You might have to do a slow reintegration with her. Or separate the bullies if you know which ones they are.

Yeah that's my fear...the next nice day I might bring her out there and let her peck around outside the run...unfortunately it seemed to be all of them beating up on her and chasing her around so I can't just separate them all.
I'm getting a shipment of chicks during the beginning of April, maybe I'll try to work her in with the new flock once the chicks are a little older.

Back
Top Bottom