Hen not eating since Suprelorin implant

She is still alive. I am taking her to a different avian vet tomorrow. I think that she has become more active, but she is still hardly eating at all. I don't know what to expect.
I don't know our time difference. Just wanted to check in and see if the vet visit with the new doctor was today?

My hen managed to stay alive for long enough to see another vet.
The vet said that the hen's body condition is not that bad, even if the hen has lost some weight. She said to feed the hen less baby food and to watch whether that will encourage the hen to start eating normally again, and she said that I need to closely monitor the hen's weight as I do this.
The vet did not prescribe my hen any medication to address her poor feeding ability.
I was told that I need to take the hen back to the vet in two weeks. At this time, I have no idea of whether or not that will be possible.
If this hen survives until she needs another suprelorin implant, then I hope that the weeks that will follow will not be anything like this...

I am not sure that I can offer much help, since reproductive disorders are eventually terminal, and crop disorders can accompany them. But since you have been using antibiotics, I would make sure to give some buttermilk, plain yogurt with cultures, or other probiotics. Also vitamin B complex tablets for humans can be ground or crushed into feed, and they can sometimes help appetite.

Back
Top Bottom