Hen not laying but appears ok

Howdy from Virginia and welcome to byc! You're gonna love it here.

I have had hens do this to me before. They bounce back in a month or two though.

Unless, could it be the heat? I have also had hens stop laying because of summer heat. I got a box fan for them this year and it has been helping a ton.

I've also had hens hide eggs before (my dog finds them for me now).
She is not a fan of the heat, but it wasn’t that warm when she started not laying at all. It is very hot now however which could be contributing I guess

Thanks for all your messages. Still no eggs and she seemed to be in fine health. But yesterday she had very runny poo/discharge has gone lethargic and i'm sure I can hear a gurgling/crackling sound when she breaths. I'm thinking to take her to the vet, but if anyone has any idea what the problem may be id appreciate it. Again no eggs for over a month but she seemed fine, now these symptoms. thanks

She is not a fan of the heat, but it wasn’t that warm when she started not laying at all. It is very hot now however which could be contributing I guess

Still no eggs and she seemed to be in fine health. But yesterday she had very runny poo/discharge has gone lethargic and i'm sure I can hear a gurgling/crackling sound when she breaths. I'm thinking to take her to the vet, but if anyone has any idea what the problem may be id appreciate it. Again no eggs for over a month but she seemed fine, now these symptoms. thanks

Thanks for all your messages. Still no eggs and she seemed to be in fine health. But yesterday she had very runny poo/discharge has gone lethargic and i'm sure I can hear a gurgling/crackling sound when she breaths. I'm thinking to take her to the vet, but if anyone has any idea what the problem may be id appreciate it. Again no eggs for over a month but she seemed fine, now these symptoms. thanks
Best of luck with your girl :hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom