Hen not laying

fwunit114

In the Brooder
May 10, 2015
I have a approximately 11 month old hen it's a cross between a easter egger and a silke I think that I picked up at a swap the other day and she is not laying eggs what should I do

Was she reported to be actively laying by the person you got her from? You say you got her "the other day" - how long have you had her? Stress, such as being taken to a swap and moved to a new home, often interrupts production and it can take days/weeks for them to get back into the swing of things. What you should do is provide the best environment you can with plenty of quality food and fresh water and let her settle in.

I have had her a week yesterday and the lady I got her from had so many she couldn't tell me if she was laying or not I got her cause she seemed mild mannered so I'll just give her some more time and see how she does

You have all those birds together without them fighting....did they accept the new one into the flock?

She's stressed will take time.

Last edited:
I got all the 11 month old at the same time I have the older ones in there own coop at night but they free range together all day with just a little pecking

Back
Top Bottom