Hen or roo? Picture heavy

Are the BLRW and The Brahma 13 weeks as well?

I would have to say that both polish are pullets and the other 2 look girly to me too..nothing really screams boy in those pics...
The brahmas tail feathers give the illusion that they are pointy because of the black marking on the white feather. If you look in the third picture, you can see a rounded white feather with a pointy black marking on it..I don't think the actual feather is pointed. That is just how I am seeing it...I could be wrong...

Quote:
I'm looking at the two longer all-black feathers drooping from the top of the tail on the Light Brahma. We have Light Brahma girls and their all-black tail feathers are straight up and very stiff not long and droopy (flowing). We used to have a Light Brahma roo and he had the longer droopy (flowing) all black feathers. That's what makes me think roo.

Quote:
I'm actually not sure of the age on either of those little ones...I got them almost a month ago. I got the BLRW roo at the same time as the pullet...Here is a picture of him....You can see pretty obviously the differences there.

chicken7.jpg

and here is the BLRW pullet
Birds19.jpg

I am really hoping my little Brahma is a pullet. I would think she would have a much redder/more prominent comb at this point or some wattle development.

Yeah, she is definitely a girl!

Jessupfamily- I see what you mean! The actual tail feather is long and droopy! I was looking at the saddle feathers! In that case, it may be a boy!

So I went out to check and he or she does have some longer looking upright tail feathers. I just assumed it was okay because it's comb and face is so pale. I thought for sure that it would be showing some bright red if it were a "he"

Since I have no idea how old it is is, how long should I wait before trying to find it a home? I can't have roos and I don't want to wait for crowing before starting a search or arranging for it to go to a new place.

I think I'll take some more pics inside this evening and post them.

The polish look like hens to me. The other two I am not sure about. We have a light braham and it took a long time to tell that he was a roo. They are slow growers.
Chris

Polish look like pullets, The BLRW is definately a hen and the brahma just may be a roo it has ALOT more black on it then the hens usually do but the face sure does look like a pullet. Im stumped on the brahma. Hope it turns out to be a pullet !
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom