Hen or Roo x four

Hello all,

I've got four birds in my last batch of ten pullets that I'm pretty sure are roo's. I couldnt' have done much worse if they'd been straight run.

The two brown ones (7 weeks) were supposed to both be prairie bluebell eggers but #2 with the red feathers doesn't look anything like the other bluebell chicks. The white ones (6 weeks) were supposed to be starlight green eggers, but a friend grabbed those for us from TS and mixed them with her chicks until we could pick them up, and we're not sure what she gave us - especially since one of them is starting to look like a Brahma (she's under the feeder in pic 2 with the fluffy feet).

Between the combs and wattles on 2, 3, & 4 (along with the finger biting) I'm 95% sure those are roo's. I'm still hoping #1 may be a hen, although it's comb and wattle are much more developed than the other bluebell that I'm sure is a pullet (she's in the background in pic 4). But since bluebell eggers are a mixed/hybrid breed I understand there could be a good bit of variation.

We're not supposed to have chickens where we live, so if I've got roo's they'll need to be rehomed before they start crowing and give us away.

So what do y'all think? Did we lose the rooster lottery?
The one in the 2nd picture in the back is a buff brahma.

Back
Top Bottom