Hen or Roo

How old were yours when they started laying?

Mine was around 23 weeks, not the earliest starter but fairly reliable now she's established. Lays around 4/5 a week most weeks. Here in the UK, it's cooling down and the nights are drawing in so prob not long till they all slow right down. I've a lot starting to moult too.

Ahh, she looks just the same as my girl, Keira. Definitely a pullet. Medium sized white eggs will be on the way soon.

Very pretty! I love the Blues!

Just a side note, I hope I'm not stepping where I don't belong but if this is a current picture, it looks like she might have bumblefoot on her right foot. I see a bulge between the base of two of her toes and just thought I would mention it. You probably already know it, but sometimes things slip by us.

EtA -

I always look at feet these days because one of my Blue Andalusian girls got bumblefoot from constantly flying over the fence and landing on rocks.

Last edited:
How old were yours when they started laying?
Ours were about 22-23 weeks old when they started laying, smallish at first and now we get large beautiful eggs from both of them. I'm surprised at the size of them considering the size of the girls.

Very pretty! I love the Blues!

Just a side note, I hope I'm not stepping where I don't belong but if this is a current picture, it looks like she might have bumblefoot on her right foot. I see a bulge between the base of two of her toes and just thought I would mention it. You probably already know it, but sometimes things slip by us. 

EtA -

I always look at feet these days because one of my Blue Andalusian girls got bumblefoot from constantly flying over the fence and landing on rocks. 

Thanks...it's an abscess. .she's currently on Baytril from the vets. She cut it and it got infected, the poor love. Thanks for the advice though.

Thanks...it's an abscess. .she's currently on Baytril from the vets. She cut it and it got infected, the poor love. Thanks for the advice though.
No problem. I feel silly sometimes mentioning anything like that around here because I know that most of us keep on the watch for problems in our flocks. Glad she's on the mend!

Back
Top Bottom